• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

East Yorkshire 5 frame nucs English queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I would prefer my nucs to go to the local area, but in case that is not possible via my local association, I may have 6 or 7 nucs available in about 4 weeks.

I am taking orders for nucleus colonies ready for collection around Mid July at a cost of £125 each as ?bees on frames?. Each nucleus is a small colony headed by a 2010 marked queen bred from my own ?native? stocks, NOT imported.(aka Yorkshire Mongrels)

They are very calm bees but very prolific, and I have not had any issues with swarming. My breeding stocks have currently over wintered with zero losses, and Varroa has been at negligible levels all of the time.

Each colony will be on 5 new British National Hoffman deep (self spacing) frames, Thornes premier wired foundation drawn out this season. There will be bees on 5 frames and brood on at least 3 frames in all stages of development. Given suitable weather and feeding with sugar syrup the small colony should fill a full hive box by the end of summer.

I am happy for inspections, and questions prior to collection. I will also supply ongoing advise via this forum (pm's) email, telephone or even visits (if local to me).

The price assumes that buyers will transfer the frames of bees into their own hive in my apiary and then move their hive away.

I do not require a deposit to secure an order simply a PM first come first served.

Thanks

Jim

I've pm'd you but am not sure if its been delivered. Could you check please?

Sorry all nucs now verbaly taken.

If anyone drops out, I will update this posting.

Thanks

Well despite emailing my local assocation I have had no reply from them, so their loss.

I therfore have 5 nucs extra I can offer via the forum.

Please PM me,

All nucs are now ready for collection. If you pm'ed me I have replied with collection info.

I still have 1 maybe 2 left, and I will also now take names as a reserve list in case anyone drops out.

One nuc still not reserved if anyone is still looking?

ALL ready for collection now, these are now into 6 frames, but you still only get 5.

Cor you Yorkshire man you, if they are up to six at that price for goodness sake add it in, I did months ago... lol

PH

Only my second post, the first was nine words, not really into this, enjoy the reading of posts, maybe I will get into the posting!!!!

The reason for this post, well, I was fortunate to secure a 'nuc' from, jimbeekeeper, and met up with him last Wednesday (30.06) evening, to collect it. It was a real pleasure, we were made very welcome, wonderful set up, in a lovely setting and the bees are looking good.

So, to others collecting from jimbeekeeper, you will be impressed and pleased with your purchase, and it was good to meet the person behind the 'posts'.

Thank-you James

Latest posts

Back