Abelo super

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can you get castellations for abelo 12 frame super thanks

No, because the runners are not removable, but solid plastic and moulded to the box body. Suppose you could cut out the runners, but castellations are only suitable for wooden boxes which have removable runners.

For a standard Abelo super I just cut down a standard castellation to fit, so a 10er becomes 9. I pin and glue.
Simon

Why would you need one? For SN4 frames it's unnecessary or for new SN1 frames it's often handier to start with a minimum spacing, (I gauge with my thumb) then increase it to gain thicker comb to provide more capacity once suitably drawn. If you really can't rely on gravity or propolis and friction keeping the frames where you left them, practice keeping the super level when you lift it as the bees won't move them around between inspections

No, because the runners are not removable, but solid plastic and moulded to the box body. Suppose you could cut out the runners, but castellations are only suitable for wooden boxes which have removable runners.
Some Poly also have runners btw. Maismore, Paynes definitely do.

Latest posts

Back