A shameless plug: Honey Appreciation at Stoneleigh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
For some reason I got invited to run a Saturday workshop at the BBKA Spring Convention on 16th April. It's entitled "Honey Appreciation". It's not bookable, you just turn up. (Forgotten the time off hand but lunchtimeish). Limited to 30 people.

It's biased slightly towards newer beekeepers but open to anyone. There will be a range of UK honeys to taste, plus one or two foreign as a contrast. Plus a few foodie experiments (I'll reveal no more). Plus if I'm allowed I'll bring my own honey beer. And at the end it's honey swap time - bring a few jars of your own and hopefully take home samples of other beekeepers instead.
It's intended to be a bit of lighthearted relief. Come along, if only because you can't find another empty chair at lunchtime.

I see there are at least 2 other members of this forum strutting their stuff at some point over the weekend too. I'm planning to attend both.

Hi Chris
Do you want some Sainfoin, everyone tells me it taste's like no other honey.
kev

I have some cranberry and tupelo honey, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it yet but sure I could arrange for some samples of it to head your way if interested.

I have some cranberry and tupelo honey, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it yet but sure I could arrange for some samples of it to head your way if interested.

What do they grow round Bristol?
Sounds good. Yes please.

should I stand outside the door dishing out thick sliced to your audience and plastic knives to spread it on thick . . . ?

I believe it's at 12.30 to 13.30 and a lot of people will be getting hungry about then, thirsting for knowledge and a taste of your

Sounds like you might be in need of a bigger room Chris.

Form an orderly queue folks . . . .

Latest posts

Back