weight of a poly hive?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdod

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 ish lol
Hi all nearly christmas yeah!!!

been weighing my Paynes poly hive (14x12) to see if they need some fondant adding.

In hindsight I should of weighed the empty hive with the frames in as a reference so does anyone know how heavy a paynes floor plus the brood boxfull of frames (14x12) and the roof weighs?

my hives have dropped in weight to 26kg and 22kg I'm thinking this is getting a little low?

heres hoping someone weighed there polyhive and made a note of it....

many thanks

Hi all nearly christmas yeah!!!

been weighing my Paynes poly hive (14x12) to see if they need some fondant adding.

In hindsight I should of weighed the empty hive with the frames in as a reference so does anyone know how heavy a paynes floor plus the brood boxfull of frames (14x12) and the roof weighs?

my hives have dropped in weight to 26kg and 22kg I'm thinking this is getting a little low?

heres hoping someone weighed there polyhive and made a note of it....

many thanks

Have you tried Paynes themselves ?

Hi all In hindsight I should of weighed the empty hive with the frames in as a reference so does anyone know how heavy a paynes floor plus the brood boxfull of frames (14x12) and the roof weighs?

It is easier to take inner cover off and then you see, how much they have capped frames there. If you do not see cappings, it is an emergency.

It is not bigger thing than trickling.

ANY14 x 12 in England and Wales, filled with stores at the onset of winter and with a sensible/apprpriate strain of bee, will be OK until brooding is well under way in the spring.

Get it right and don't bother with weighing is what I do with my bees. Only if/when I don't get it right do I interfere with them before late Feb.

Oops, sorry. This section is only for beginners. Ignore my post.

Get it right and don't bother with weighing is what I do with my bees. Only if/when I don't get it right do I interfere with them before late Feb.

That is what I have read but have I, did I get it right there is a few months to go until the spring and at 26 and 22kg I am thinking they are a bit light>
that is why i needed to know how heavy the hive was empty so I know the difference.

I have emailed Paynes but No reply as yet.

Back