Please Help the Student in Oaxaca

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Post this in the correct forum if necessary....

https://www.gofundme.com/help-oaxaca..._co_campmgmt_w

Can we all help support the students at Oaxaca escuela-secondaria-tecnica-no-14. When I teach school kids about honey bees, I have to start at the beginning. This is a worker...this is an egg. Well nothing like that with these students in Oaxaca. The kids are amazing in what they know. Already making nucs and raising queens. They have a great program and a good teacher. What they don't have are resources. Bee suits suitable for working africanized honey bees. Woodenware to allow them to expand their apiary. Maybe an extractor that isn't an old galvanized rust bucket. Let's raise enough funds to support their future education.

Mike

Suggestion.

Why not ask some equipment suppliers/manufacturers to donate either to your Gofundme page or give some equipment/suits etc.

Maybe use some of the funds already given to cover shipping costs if they won't cover it. Or even perhaps ask the shippers to do it for free.

Yes, a good idea. I know beekeeping equipment dealers in Mexico. One has come to help catch queens in the mating yard. He is right in Oaxaca.

I was also thinking US, UK, etc..... go for it !

have you heard of Jeff Horchoff, he's a volunteer Beekeeper for St Josephs Monastic Abbey in Louisiana and a keen YouTuber.
I only mention him as I know the Abbey has a large well equipped wood workshop and they make lots of hives, maybe they may be interested in helping out with some hives although they seem very keen on being a charity themselves so who knows.

SAINT JOSEPH ABBEY, 75376 RIVER RD, SAINT BENEDICT, LA 70457, UNITED STATES

Latest posts

Back