Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beesmith

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi I'm new to the forum. I've been keeping bee for about 15 years now. My favourite part of bee keeping is collecting swarms I had 12 colonies until yesterday but I was called out to a swarm, now I have 13. All but 2 of them are swarms. I'm not a serious bee keeper as I don't use chemicals and if they want to swarm who am I to stop them, its only natural. I look forward to joining in on some of your discussions.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Do you live in a built up area? Leaving the bees to swarm may cause issues with neighbours if you have any.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Do you live in a built up area? Leaving the bees to swarm may cause issues with neighbours if you have any.
I've got a smallholding in South Wales. My neighbours are farmers and sheep no problem. But thanks for your concern.

Welcome - room for all sorts on here - lots of interesting threads and discussion that you won't find anywhere else. Don't be frightened to join in - after 15 years you must know something !

Your quiet right, I've learnt that if you mess with nature you get stung a lot, but if you work with it you don't get stung quiet as much. If you leave it totally alone you don't get stung at all.😁

Latest posts

Back