Just for some fun.... an excuse to smile.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all but given up wearing shoes nowadays, and can always be seen in either sandals or wellies instead.

Even with a 50% chance of getting it right, I turned up at one apiary today wearing the wrong option :(

It's not my birthday but I've well and truly arrived.

Picture1.png

I wouldn't post this if the answer weren't something that would easily come to mind here.

'Reporters on Daily Record ignoring first workers home.' 6 letters.

No prize for the first correct answer posted here but huge plaudits.

I wouldn't post this if the answer weren't something that would easily come to mind here.

'Reporters on Daily Record ignoring first workers home.' 6 letters.

No prize for the first correct answer posted here but huge plaudits.
No one having a go?

Letters 1 and 2: Reporters
Letters 3-6: Daily Record ignoring first
Definition: workers home

No one having a go?

Letters 1 and 2: Reporters
Letters 3-6: Daily Record ignoring first
Definition: workers home

Oh, for some reason I didn't realise the intention was to post answers. I'm a bit sleep-deprived at the moment. Probably shouldn't have spent the day using powertools.

Reporters is presumably "Associated Press", or AP.

Daily Record is "diary", and ignoring first, "iary".

Put the two together and you get the home for workers: "apiary".

James

Oh, for some reason I didn't realise the intention was to post answers. I'm a bit sleep-deprived at the moment. Probably shouldn't have spent the day using powertools.

Reporters is presumably "Associated Press", or AP.

Daily Record is "diary", and ignoring first, "iary".

Put the two together and you get the home for workers: "apiary".

James
Bingo! Hope you didn't feel spoonfed with me posting the steps. It's the only way I enjoy crosswords. My wife reads out the clue and while she's working out the solution, I look it up and try to connect it to the clue.

Not at all. I used to quite enjoy doing cryptic crosswords once upon a time. Probably still would, but I wouldn't give any of the papers the pleasure of taking my money :D

James

Back