Honey price 2024

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks better when the pot/jar is filled .... people think they're being short changed regardless of the right weight being on the label
Agree. A 4oz. hex is nominally 113g but honey density leaves it way down the jar; 227 is not so bad, 340 fills the neck fine.

For this reason I put in and label at 135g, 235g and 340g; in fact, I put in an extra 2g to those weights for safety.

UK beekeepers really ought to get up to speed with the modern retail world, which long ago left behind the pound and ounce and now deals in grammes and kg.
Not just the modern retail world :)

I keep my honey extraction and jarring records in kg but have a column with the imperial equivalents so that I'll be able to contribute to any beekeeper conversation in imperial about amounts of honey. It doesn't work though, because with two sets of columns, I end up remembering neither.

I'm going to delete the imperial column straightaway!

Not just the modern retail world :)

I keep my honey extraction and jarring records in kg but have a column with the imperial equivalents so that I'll be able to contribute to any beekeeper conversation in imperial about amounts of honey. It doesn't work though, because with two sets of columns, I end up remembering neither.

I'm going to delete the imperial column straightaway!
So as you go to delete said column, would that count as an Imperial Death March?

Back