Cuckoos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Not a discussion about the BBKA.
Was out leaving the chickens out this morning and heard the first cuckoo of the year behind me on the foothills of the Black Mountain. A bit later than usual this year

Nice, we've had one 'headbanging' in the garden somewhere for several weeks in South Glos... waking us up in the mornings :sleep:

Sorry, should add 'headbanging' is what we call our actions when it starts. I wasn't sure it was a cuckoo as not sure we have them around here, but then we found out Peregrine falcons nest very close to us so what do I know! CP

Not a discussion about the BBKA.
Was out leaving the chickens out this morning and heard the first cuckoo of the year behind me on the foothills of the Black Mountain. A bit later than usual this year

It would be lovely if that were the most newsworthy event around you today :(

James

Where I live in hill country in central Italy we have them in good numbers at the moment. Surprising because the natives do their best to exterminate all small birds. The only place I regularly heard a cuckoo in the UK was in the North York Moors.

It would be lovely if that were the most newsworthy event around you today :(

James
has been rather stressful - our niece is head girl at that school and my sister was going into hospital for surgery this afternoon (brother in law away with work at the moment) so we had communication breakdown, as SWMBO was taking her in, I thought she was in the lockdown but just found out she had a study day so stayed at home, and she's staying at my mam's tonight (who only lives a hundred yards from the school!)

Latest posts

Back