Your glove of choice!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was around 1998, can't really remember names but there was a group of usual suspects hanging around At Helens ground.
Uncle John definitely spent a lot of time around St Helen's Rugby and Cricket was his world, so to be the groundsman there was second heaven, he would have been sixty then but I think he hung on for as long as he could. short, stout with a beard ex British Steel.

Uncle John definitely spent a lot of time around St Helen's Rugby and Cricket was his world, so to be the groundsman there was second heaven, he would have been sixty then but I think he hung on for as long as he could. short, stout with a beard ex British Steel.
I can't say I remember but I must have met him down there.

I'm new to the forum and was interested in this topic! I think it's great that everyone is talking about gloves and what works best for them. My glove of choice is raven gloves.

Hmm, thanks you all for the tips. I've tried many beekiping gloves during my career and cannot say that I can name the best ones. They all have advantages and disadvantages. However, I must say that raven gloves are pretty nice. They're super comfy and fit great. Plus, they're designed to be highly resistant to punctures and tears. I love 'em! But, I know that everyone has different needs and preferences when it comes to gloves. For example, I know some people who swear by Marigolds from Aldi. They're durable and don't cause any stinging like some leather gloves can. Plus, they're cheap and you can just throw them away after each inspection.

I use the most cost effective nitrile I can find, the OH uses Gruffs Orange nitrile gloves. I sometimes use them myself & have gloves that survived four uses and three times through the washing machine.

Had these recommended to me by another beekeeper tonight. Tried one of his on and it was a much better fit than many (nitriles and others) I've found that have fingers which are too long.

PRO UltraSAFE Violet Long Cuff Nitrile Gloves 50's

Might have to give them a try.

James
Good to see they are back in circulation now. I wasn't able to order any when I needed them, and of course the price has risen.

Latest posts

Back