Yorkshire Perone hive build

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I thought Perone was a bottled beer drunk by us southerners;)

No, I read the OP as a knowledgeable provocateur who is merely determined to extract the Michael, seeking to bait and disrupt – is that trolling?

Me thinks he has caught a few fish... swallowed hook line and sinker......

just a bit of off season fun ?

Chons da

Well, it's not the first time he/she/it has been on here, but that was under a different persona.

Not trolling and never posted on here before.

Forget it for now !
Buy a book on bees and digest the contents .
There are obligations when keeping honey bees . Disease detection/ control being a major one .
There are notifiable diseases which could be festering away without you having a clue !
This could spread rapidly throughout the district , causing havoc as American foul brood is treated by incinerating all bees , honey, frames . Quilts etc and scorching the hives . Your idea is best left as an idea !
I may sound harsh but is none the less sound advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know a bit about beekeping and I know I haven't got time for it.
I also know that bees were around before beekeepers and they made it somehow.
We are breeding dysgenic mutants that easily succumb to diseases and can't make it any more. Similar as we don't have wolves in this country but plenty of mutants with hip dysplasia and breathing problems.
Unfortunately they also dump their broken genes into wild bee population.
Only way out of this would be to not only to burn all infected but all commercial hives. We broke the bees.
My goal is to have wild bee colony with some frames on top that will yield some honey without bothering bees. I consider it low effort research project.
I've contacted some people interested in it but given time frame it will take 2 years to get results, 10 more to replicate it but why not.
All around world there are people contributing to knowledge on sustainable farming in long projects, I'll be doing my part without doing all that much.
I'm not interested in new age hippie stuff, that is important qualifier.
Unfortunately Perone hive has that stigma attached to it.

Not trolling and never posted on here before.

I know a bit about beekeping and I know I haven't got time for it.

I also know that bees were around before beekeepers and they made it somehow.

We are breeding dysgenic mutants that easily succumb to diseases and can't make it any more. Similar as we don't have wolves in this country but plenty of mutants with hip dysplasia and breathing problems.

Unfortunately they also dump their broken genes into wild bee population.

Only way out of this would be to not only to burn all infected but all commercial hives. We broke the bees.

My goal is to have wild bee colony with some frames on top that will yield some honey without bothering bees. I consider it low effort research project.

I've contacted some people interested in it but given time frame it will take 2 years to get results, 10 more to replicate it but why not.

All around world there are people contributing to knowledge on sustainable farming in long projects, I'll be doing my part without doing all that much.

I'm not interested in new age hippie stuff, that is important qualifier.

Unfortunately Perone hive has that stigma attached to it.

There are none so pious as the recently converted .
I presume you would advocate that Coronavirus be tackled by taking zero precautions, encouraging mass gatherings of the populace in order to let nature take care of those with broken genes ?

I presume you would advocate that Coronavirus be tackled by taking zero precautions, encouraging mass gatherings of the populace in order to let nature take care of those with broken genes ?

Just let him get on with it
He needs a Garden Hive :D
He’ll find out soon enough.

Just let him get on with it

He needs a Garden Hive :D

He’ll find out soon enough.

I can never resist a challenge
To follow a whim he would risk creating an American Foulbrood outbreak . Inward thinking people often fail to see beyond the end of their nose !

I can never resist a challenge
To follow a whim he would risk creating an American Foulbrood outbreak . Inward thinking people often fail to see beyond the end of their nose !

Possibly but no more than any other colony living “wild”.
Varroa will see to them well before there’s any honey.

Last edited:

You presume wrong.
I got stockpile of food in case of quarantine and got other precautions in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back