Yet again they forgott to follow the instructions!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
The move finally happened this week, 4 visits and 6 stings later!!

Couldnt believe the activity on this hive still, 2 weeks ago they had good stores but nothing amazing about half full on the deep brood box super. (they dont have any supers just deep boxes)

SO the plan was to remove outers of wbc, block entrance that evening and strap down and move, easy peasy!!!

NOT

Got back in the evening and bees clustered outside the boxes, I had spent ages removing brace comb which had appeared in the 2 weeks since last visit, should have guessed I suppose that they had run out of space, but eveyone had been saying that numbers were droping so was hopeful!

Anyway, I ended up spliting boxes the following day as it was too dark to do it then. left a box for any straglers and picked them up the same evening (boy o boy were they a bunch of hormonal Hornets!!)

Just as an aside I didnt have any ventilated tops for my boxes so ended up using a framed metal Qx with a pair of 5 for £1.50 asda xlarge tights streched over it. . . worked a treat imo. Oh and for the floor, Hivemakers floor draws were just the right size!

So glad that it is done, just hope the owners dont move again for another 20 years!

Well done Mel:.)
Now make yourself a nice cup tea and remember you've now got less distance to travel to check them.

Cheersiz, Di:.)

Latest posts

Back