yeepee :)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Just over a week ago i was unsure if my queen had got mated and home safely :angelsad2: Although i did have a look for her, i just couldn't see her :ack2:
Anyway to cover myself i put in a test frame, and when i checked today
no Q cells :) and capped brood :hat:
So i added a supper as the brood is getting a bit full of honey no QE and going to leave them for a week and a half and see how they have got on.
The super needs drawn out so it should keep them busy :)

you might want to check your super a bit sooner than that....if you have plenty of bees and there is a strong flow on, it'll be drawn out in no-time (several colonies of mine had new supers with foundation a fortnight ago and these were drawn and damn nearly full in 6 days). Once they are in the super and have started to draw the foundation out (have a look in 2-3 days), double check your queen isn't wandering around up there, then put the QE back on.

I agree- with the rain helping the plants things could speed up again. 1 week is ample- and check where she is!!

I'm going to let her have the super, but i will keep a eye on it and will add another but with QE on :)

Latest posts

Back