Yeee haaa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Pick up my 2 new nucs on Thursday cant wait :):)

Congats Veg on your new arrivals... I am supposed to be getting my first bees tomorrow...... They are a small swarm that someone is very kindly giving to me. I too am excited and can't wait... so cigars all round. :)

Congrats both.

*Thinks* The question section is about to get busy...................

PH

Congratulations to you both on getting your new bee's,i wish you every success for the future,and lots of enjoyment from beekeeping.

I second Hivemaker's comments. With an nice early start this year I reckon you should get some honey this season too.:cheers2: Mike

Getting a swarm this early, you should get some honey at the end of the year.:)
Don't often get much honey if any at all the 1st year.

I am one very happy girl... My bees arrived last night, a very small swarm... The guy had reservations about the presence of a queen... he hadn't been able to spot her, so this morning, my own worries crept in until a very local beek came down, found her, marked her for me.... now all is well in backgarden bee world. He says he believes they are Carny bees, however the queen may be italian.... so I have my own United Nations community out back there..
Good times. :)
Veg, have you picked up yours yet??

Just got back from settling them in. I will leave them in the nuc overnight and hive them tomorrow. They are so gentle it was the first time i have handled bees without gloves. The man i bought them off didnt even have a veil on. Will post some pics when i can work out how to get them off my phone.
Funny thing was I took my dad with me(70 years old). He has never been near a hive. He loved it and is helping me hive them tomorrow.:cheers2:

Ok sorted phone out here are a few pics

23042009-1.jpg
[/IMG]

23042009002.jpg
[/IMG]

Some more pics of the queens and bees

queen1.jpg
[/IMG]

queen2.jpg
[/IMG]

queen3.jpg

4.jpg
[/IMG]

hey Veg where did you get that hive stand?

Very nice photos veg,
pity you didn't mark HRH when you had the chance:),
She will be harder to spot as the colony expands :cheers2:.

John

Ps. I withdraw the marking advice. I notice the bees and queens pics are not of the nuc !

Last edited:
Made the hive stands myself out of an old pallet and some sticky back plastic :cheers2:

Managed to mark one queen today as I found her easily. The other one was a bit shy so I will try and get her next time.
The pics are of the nucs my father took them as we were looking through them, before deciding which nucs to buy.

Last edited:
Brilliant pics Veg.... I must try and get a couple of mine. I too am admiring your stand, very practical. I dunno about beekeeping courses... am thinking I should book myself up a carpentry one. :)

Latest posts

Back