WTF is this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would presume.......but don't know, that it is for samples for the public to try the honey before buying.

A lot of farmers markets, food stalls at shows etc. offer samples for tasting, it increases sales in certain circumstances.

Frisbee

It seems a very expensive way................an open jar with those plastic stirrers is enough surely?

Yours Roy

Health and Hygiene my boy.................:hat:

I've spent many years selling various food products on stalls in food halls at shows. The general public have to be seen to be believed, the way they can behave over a free sample...........so those stirring sticks - someone licks the food product off it, what if they then stick it back in for another try........? They abandon it on the table........someone else in their greed will then pick it up and stick it in the pot :puke:

I never try free samples...........seen too much from the other side of the counter. :)

Frisbee

In the US the 'Honey Straws' are sold as sweets - the system fills up plastic tubes that are then heat sealed , you cut the top off and suck the contents out. They also use them as 1 portion packs for catering too.

I've never seen them or the filling machine in the Uk before !

S

Wonder if I could buy it and sell it on with a massive profit :cheers2:

Not buying is the sensible option as UK honey most likely will not suit.

By reason of granulation. Most of the USA market is liquid honey.

PH

Latest posts

Back