Wragby july sale/open day postponed?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just been informed the july open day/bun fight is postponed to later in the year (no date given)

I did not need to go then, but might need to get som things at their winter on-line sale.

I'd heard rumours indicating the same. Maybe they are still selling stuff as fast as they can make it but if not I'd guess they are now ramping down production so they can move quickly.

Their sales aren't what they used to be though as the price of 2nds are going through the roof. Supers have gone from a tenner to 16 quid in the last four years and strangely there was a huge pile of them unsold at Stoneleigh at the end of the day. Almost all other woodwork had gone.

I bought all my requirements for autumn / winter a few weeks back in anticipation of a disruption in supply during their move. I just wish I had some more brood boxes.

Supers have gone from a tenner to 16 quid in the last four years and strangely there was a huge pile of them unsold at Stoneleigh at the end of the day. Almost all other woodwork had gone.

Possibley people are not making it to the super-ing stage?

The demand for items is probably so much, that they dont have to sell them at reduced prices.

Heard a rumour they might not be selling seconds frame's in the sales in future,(standard national size)selling plenty of them complete in the buget hives,don't know how true it is.

Last edited:
It seems odd that they apparently make items for the 'seconds' market. I bet you don't do that hivemaker!

It makes sense them making 'seconds' when you consider you are talking about second quality timber not construction.

If they have machines set up to make the hive/frame components and then sort through the timber they buy in, any timber that is knotty or generally not good enough for top grade gets put to the side and run through the machines seperately.

They get to use what would be waste material and make a tidy sum out of it and we get cheaper hives and frames.

Si.

Alternatively all timber might go through the system and knotty/sub-standard bits removed at the end.

I went a couple of weeks ago and asked about ther move, and they said it wouldn't be until the new year, so that seems unblikely to be the reason.

Shame if it's postponed, i was looking forward to my first go at the bun fight!

A bit more than that, it's in Rand, a couple of miles to the west of Wragby.

0.6 miles north off the A158

53°17'39.14"N 0°20'36.88"W

Don't they take Sterling then ? :iamwithstupid:

John Wilkinson

The 2011 New Year sale will be early, again, this year. If it's not then the 2.5% VAT increase will make it worthless.

Back