Wow! what service

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
As some of you will have read in my post "I now have my bee's"
i commented on the fact that i had shrunk my bee suit from bee basic :banghead:

i bought this in september of last year, its only been worn about 6 times once at a local beeks and the rest on my practical course, i thought i would ring them up and see what they said as obviousley i need a suit and secondly, i realy liked it!

straight away they have said that they will send me a replacement just on the phone call i made! and i could return the shrunk one when i have the new one.

the suit is described as 100% pre-shrunk so it realy should not have happened, but what fantastic service.
Well done Bee Basic :hurray::hurray::hurray:

I am looking at getting another suit what is the quality like of these suits?

I am looking at getting another suit what is the quality like of these suits?

Although my first one shrunk, i am still more than happy to have another as IMO the quality is very good, i have the cotton one, i think Firegazer does also. Admin has a couple of their micro fibre ones i think. and i think quite a few others on the forum have them (cant remember who)
Very comfortable suit, makes me feel confident around the bees, and as i have already said, great service from the company!

Yep, cotton one is quite thick and strong - I'd definitely get it again (in fact I did, for Mrs FG!).

DON'T put your brand new hive tool in your thigh pocket, bladey end down, then crouch down; it WILL cut its way out through the stitching at the bottom of the pocket :)

I don't blame the suit, more my lack of thinking.

FG

Is the micro fibre suit thinner than the other suit?
I have a sheriff at the moment but am looking at other makes as a comparison. I am happy with mine but if I can get summit just as good for less I am all for it.

I have 2 micro fibre suites from them.

4 years between them and I still have both.

Although they both say micro-fibre I am not so sure the latest one is as it had a sweat stain at the back of the hood after the first use and I understood that micro-fibre does not stain easy.

It may of been a different type of material they use now,it seems more plasticy than the original,as if it has been sprayed with something.

Just out of interest, how much would you be expected to pay for a decent beesuit? £20, £60? Do you only get what you pay for? For a new beek, what make would nearly always bee first suggested?

Just out of interest, how much would you be expected to pay for a decent beesuit? £20, £60? Do you only get what you pay for? For a new beek, what make would nearly always bee first suggested?

The Bee Basic astronought suit is i believe now £75

Sorry dave, couldnt resist!
cant realy say as i have only used the bee basic one

I paid £52.88 for my suit from bee basic and it does the job just fine

mrB

S'alright, the minute I sent it I thought...O-Oh..wait for it..Shrops sense of humour..Lol.

straight away they have said that they will send me a replacement just on the phone call i made! and i could return the shrunk one when i have the new one.

Have you washed it yet?

One of our association members washed her BeeBasic cotton suit and it shrank so much she could hardly get it on! Strangely, it seems to have shrunk in one direction only - it's still the same height, but now fits a much narrower person!

Methinks it could be a common problem or maybe a bad batch of Bee Basic suits.

I use products by BB Wear ('cos I'm abnormally tall with a 37" inside leg......yes ladies, 37"!). I lean towards the separate smock and trousers as I don't particularly like all-in-one suits much.

They're well made and customer service is 2nd to none......

Have you washed it yet?

One of our association members washed her BeeBasic cotton suit and it shrank so much she could hardly get it on! Strangely, it seems to have shrunk in one direction only - it's still the same height, but now fits a much narrower person!

not washed it yet, fingers crossed!

Have you washed it yet?

They are made from cotton drill,its very simular to denim,you have to sew the pieces together all in the same direction or else parts will shrink sideways..

Latest posts

Back