World Extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowbow

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi has anyone used or seen the radial world extractor from Swienty, I have seen the picture on there web page, and looks a good idea, easy to store, cost is not bad but could be cheaper, could be ordered and collected from Stoneley to save on postage.

John :)

A link would be useful? Swienty have a large site.

PH

Yes but that is not Swientys site and there is no response to the search string on it.

Apmondia winner perhaps 6 years ago but is it still made?

PH

If you look at the main site they are out of stock on a lot of stuff right now . There is an English version to their site

I believe these extractors are used to extract honey combs from TBH's...they were in an old post on this forum.

Below is the email I received when I queried it. Dont use much foundation so I thought, "this could be useful" .

Dear Di,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We need to find a new producer for our World Extractor until we find this we cannot produce it.

I am not sure that we will produce it again, but you are welcome to contact us again next year to ask if we have started producing it again.

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Søren Krogsgaard Pedersen

Swienty A/S

Hørtoftvej 16

6400 Sønderborg

Denmark

Tel: +45 7448 6969

Fax: +45 7448 8001

Mail: [email protected]

www.swienty.com

I've played with one. Although originally designed for extracting honey from top bar hives it also took conventional frames of more or less any size - up to Dadant at least and the extraction process was radial. However, it only took 3 frames so extracting was a slow process - but for those with time on their hands it worked fine and took up little room and when not in use as it could be stored on its side against a wall.

The method of arranging the frames was not unlike the large horizontal extractors but turned through 90 degrees. The honey flies up over the top bars.

justme,

Just for 'completeness' when was their e-mail dated - err, like should any interested persons be contacting them again this year, or next?

Regards, RAB

Back