Work.........

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good vid Fris, must keep you very fit that kind work,and you seem to be very fast at it.

For comparison, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGoscHZjqw&NR=1
Team handed and seemingly decided by committee?
I don't think this lot will be competing with you this century Frisby. I didn't see their "L" plates, but they must have been there somewhere. :)

Good clear video by the way. Were they all twos? I didn't see the spray used. :)

I took my daughter for her scan last week.
Took a lot longer than that.
Maybe I should have brought her along to you :)

We did get some nice pictures to take away of my future Grandchild

Were they all twos?

Ones, two threes? We called them singles, doubles and triplets - back in the olden days.

Regards, RAB

For comparison, check this out.
Team handed and seemingly decided by committee?
I don't think this lot will be competing with you this century Frisby. I didn't see their "L" plates, but they must have been there somewhere. :)

Good clear video by the way. Were they all twos? I didn't see the spray used. :)

We watched that one after mine had finished downloading.....what a load of rubbish, they were also using a linear scanner which is less than hopeless for sheep scanning. Gave up watching part way through as I couldn't stand the agony.

First was a three.......I call that out, short and sharp - as I am :) and someone else is spraying, the rest were twos.

Thanks for your kind words Hivemaker, it does keep me pretty fit - which means I can pick up a full super or brood box :hat:

Frisbee

Were they all twos?

Ones, two threes? We called them singles, doubles and triplets - back in the olden days.

Regards, RAB

Presumably then you must think me a hopeless amateur since I call them ones, twos and threes................

But then again perhaps there is nothing you wont offer an opinion on regardless of how little you know about it.

Frisbee

Our scanning lady always called them ones, twos or threes as it made it easier to shout out one sylable than two as the next grass louse came charging into the crush.

Cracking through them, there Frisbee and like the comfy chair!

Regards

C B

......Sam?

That sheepskin is the best.......not only comfy but warm to my back too in what can sometimes be a bit nippy a job.........that's the understatement of the year:)

Can't remember what her name was, this was when I used to work in wales, where they prayed that most of their flock would be singles or twins as they were only little mountain ewes and triplets usually meant alot of fostering or bottling. I was spray boy most of the time though as my welsh accent wasn't good enough to control their dogs! haha

C B

Can't remember what her name was, this was when I used to work in wales, where they prayed that most of their flock would be singles or twins as they were only little mountain ewes and triplets usually meant alot of fostering or bottling. I was spray boy most of the time though as my welsh accent wasn't good enough to control their dogs! haha

C B

Ahhh....thought you meant local to where you are now :) Wouldn't be Sam then.

Spray boy eh? Important job that.....not much point is getting the scanning right if the sprayer sprays the wrong colour :hat: I have in the past been presented with granny..........hmmm :)

Frisbee

Admin,

Presumably then you must think me a hopeless amateur since I call them ones, twos and threes................

But then again perhaps there is nothing you wont offer an opinion on regardless of how little you know about it.

Perhaps the unwarranted attack should be noted. Having grown up on a farm - lived on it for my first 25 years, mostly. I would know what we called them,

Perhaps, if you only scan for pregnancy, I might have delivered more lambs in my time than you. I didn't bother to count them though so maybe, maybe not. I did consider helping a farmer out some twenty years past as a lambing contract for the night shift, but was glad I was offered alternative employment in a warmer environment.

Might even have dipped more sheep than you. I know not, but I know I have dipped or helped with thousands over the years. My brother used to do it as a regular job in the season with his mobile sheep dip. I even considered pregnancy scanning as an employment option some twenty years ago. My experience is, admittedly, long in the past but that does not mean I know nothing about it.

So please keep you snide remarks to yourself.

Admin,

Perhaps the unwarranted attack should be noted. Having grown up on a farm - lived on it for my first 25 years, mostly. I would know what we called them,

Perhaps, if you only scan for pregnancy, I might have delivered more lambs in my time than you. I didn't bother to count them though so maybe, maybe not. I did consider helping a farmer out some twenty years past as a lambing contract for the night shift, but was glad I was offered alternative employment in a warmer environment.

Might even have dipped more sheep than you. I know not, but I know I have dipped or helped with thousands over the years. My brother used to do it as a regular job in the season with his mobile sheep dip. I even considered pregnancy scanning as an employment option some twenty years ago. My experience is, admittedly, long in the past but that does not mean I know nothing about it.

So please keep you snide remarks to yourself.

Is this directed at me or Admin?

If you want to talk about snide remarks, then I can quite happily draw up lots of your posts where you have pulled the op to pieces. Even this post on here was worded to show how much you knew and so therefore how little Hombre did.

Were they all twos?Ones, two threes? We called them singles, doubles and triplets - back in the olden days.

You can answer posts in an informative pleasant manner without resorting to sarcasm and one up-manship.

You are in short a bully. Crying out for Admin is a fairly typical bullying characteristic.

Exactly no warranties offered. :)

Anyone on here confessed to massive contact with organophosphates or their detrimental effect of the human psyche?

Christmas is just round the corner. A time for a spot of peace and quiet before the banging, screwing and . . . gluing starts again for Earnest. . . poor lad!
Ahead of the neighbours at the bottom of the gardening waking up to the spring and the hurdy gurdy begining again.

Make the most of it as snow is forecast, bright, crisp, pure . . . and bloody cold.
:) :grouphug:

And breath!

I did my share of dipping at boarding school on the flock we managed,I still remember standing in the tank up to my neck and swallowing a few mouthfull's.

Play nice everyone or I will have to email father Christmas to say who should go on the naughty list.

If i go on the naughty list voluntarily do I get a choice of who administers the spanking?

Latest posts

Back