Wooden Strips For Beekeeping Tools For Treating The Beeswax Larva-moth Killer?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make my own ... I can sell you five for a fiver..... complete with a pack of the necessary magic fairy dust to sprinkle on them and the list of spells you will need to cast.. Guaranteed as totally natural, organic, chemical free and will not harm your bees. Postage £1.95

Use Bacillus thuringensis sub sp Aizawai or Dipel DF. Safer then something god knows what that the Chinese or Taiwanese may have used.

I think these are the cheap versions, where you have to add your own snake-oil.

I make my own ... I can sell you five for a fiver..... complete with a pack of the necessary magic fairy dust to sprinkle on them and the list of spells you will need to cast.. Guaranteed as totally natural, organic, chemical free and will not harm your bees. Postage £1.95

Only £5 inc fairy dust and spells, I will take 2, you always sort me out.

The last lot of magic dust you sent me took care of my wax moth problem. And I am still looking foward to using the magic feather.

Quoting....
“It can be hung between bee hives....”

So, hung in the open air? I hope it proves to be a “high efficiency” stick, if so you’ll be attracting wax moths from miles around and doing neighbouring bee keepers a service too. Could be sited next to your “high efficiency” wasp trap too.

Use Bacillus thuringensis sub sp Aizawai or Dipel DF. Safer then something god knows what that the Chinese or Taiwanese may have used.
I got my knuckles rapped on Zoom last night for suggesting treating frames for wax moth with Topbuxus XenTari which has the same ingredient as Certan B401 (Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies aizawai) - because it has not been approved by the VMD. I was too stunned to come back with a follow-up question. After all this is not a bee medicine. But Certan B402 is not available in the UK because it has yet to work out a way to satisfy the regulations in order to get approval. Is this really about VMD approval - or some other regulations?

And while I'm on about this, what kind of approval has been given to use acetic acid for comb hygiene, or even bleach for cleaning poly hives? Maybe you can see my confusion. Anyone able to illuminate things for me?

Back