wooden box

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
We have a wide range of different skills within the forum, and it seems to have more than its fair share of creative people.

I am looking for somebody to make a wooden ring box for a ring that I have bought. I want something contemporary, rather than the traditional flip open type. Is this anybody's hobby/work, or do you have any contacts? i have seen a couple of bits on the internet, but they are not quite what i am looking for.

Thanks
Mark

Hi mark I have being a joiner for 29 years now and for the last 15 years have concentrated in fine cabinet work also have a fully equipped workshop so I think I may be able to handle a ring box also have lots of interesting timbers from various jobs

And that is exactly what I mean. We have a great mix of people on here with a vast array of skills.

Tom, I have sent you a PM.

Mark

Ok the design of the ring box is sorted a bit of plagiarism on the go although I will give all the credit to that particular member of the royal family who came up with a similar design. The box itself is a bit special and different marcros has got good taste Wenge and Sycamore the two timbers with a bit of silver inlayed its going to be a bit more fiddly than the 14X12 BB and the 14X12 standard BB conversions I am making next week I may post a photo of its ok with marcros when its finished

Ok the design of the ring box is sorted a bit of plagiarism on the go although I will give all the credit to that particular member of the royal family who came up with a similar design. The box itself is a bit special and different marcros has got good taste Wenge and Sycamore the two timbers with a bit of silver inlayed its going to be a bit more fiddly than the 14X12 BB and the 14X12 standard BB conversions I am making next week I may post a photo of its ok with marcros when its finished

Absolutely fine. looking forward to seeing it...

Ok the box almost finished just the engraved silver plaque and a buildup of the wax finish I have gone with will give it a nice tactile feel to it

So the box needs to be first pulled apart exposing the small wooden hinge then it can be fully opened

Ok the box almost finished just the engraved silver plaque and a buildup of the wax finish I have gone with will give it a nice tactile feel to it

So the box needs to be first pulled apart exposing the small wooden hinge then it can be fully opened

Wow! that looks fantastic.

Thanks it was good fun doing it it reminded me of a time during my apprentice days a technician brought in a shoe box and from it produced two perfect scale models of Windsor chairs amazing and at the time thinking that was cool thing to do

Absolutely beautiful, an object to be treasured as well as the contents.
:cheers2: Mike

Nice work Tom, looks great! (would make a nice queen cage! ;))
Yes fantastic,If you are who I think you are it is no wonder your Hives on Ebay look so good,I nearly bought one,(got a Flat pack instead,wish I had followed my heart) BUT it may well happen next time I want to expand.Certainly see that you are a Tradesman Tom,well done.:cheers2:

Yes fantastic,If you are who I think you are it is no wonder your Hives on Ebay look so good,I nearly bought one,(got a Flat pack instead,wish I had followed my heart) BUT it may well happen next time I want to expand.Certainly see that you are a Tradesman Tom,well done.:cheers2:
Before I get my head bitten off,Sorry ,I meant CRAFTSMAN,Not Tradesman,perhaps I should read more carefully.I hope you are proud of your work since if not you should be.

So nice to see the true craftsmen skills have not vanished.

Well done, I love the hinge mechanism.

I called my wife over to show here the pictures,she says like me "beautiful".
Well done Tom.

Thats one lucky lady thats going to get that box,Marcros you have been very thoughtful.

Last time I saw work as good as that was 54 years ago whilst in the RAF in Northern Ireland :). A national service lad , converted a cigar box into a jewellery box ,by lining it and covering the outside painstakingly with marquetry.
The finished product was beautiful to behold :).
It was a labour of love being as it was for his girlfriend (Bless)

John Wilkinson

I meant CRAFTSMAN,Not Tradesman,perhaps I should read more carefully

One or the other a Joiner to be accurate just a chap that gets to play with bits of wood

Well doneTom, you have a talent there.

I too play with bits of wood but my results are not like this.

Latest posts

Back