Wondrous Wales C4

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making me very jealous now, I am only two minutes from you on Llandeilo road and very much miss the shooting I used to do in England, not managed to find any shooting here despite moving 16 years ago. I was up at the castle and saw a lot of woodies around a few months ago, very desparate to go and get the hide, decoys and 12g out like I used too.

They had a different honey supplier when I went in the cafe?
I know, I keep telling them to call me if they need any but apart from the boxful I give them at the beginning of the season (so they can sell it to the grockles) they never bother to ask.
I used to mark the glorious twelfth every year with a few hours up on the Drysgol behind you although I haven't for a few years now - the grouse have enough to struggle against with the mismanagement from the National Park. Woodcock work is always very challenging in the valley but too many outcomers now to get much decent shooting, it's always worth knocking on a few doors although it's getting harder now with so many 'organised' shoots around, farmers expect paying either that or don't want the risk of cowboys roaming their land. Gary Blaencenen used to have pheasant pens on the land, it was a very informal affair and I'd often get roped in for the cost of the odd bag of corn and some work on maintenance days, however, he was also leaving everyone else shoot the land so the project was abandoned. The rabbit and woodcock shooting around that area was astounding though.

I have had the good fortune of being a syndicate member of a few shoot and had several expensive driven days, but I would swap it for a day with the hide and decoys on Wood pigeon or a walked up day any time.

When i asked about your honey they said they couldnt get any, which i tjought was odd.

Latest posts

Back