"Wobbly Bee"

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What isn't countenancable is the use of language of any sort designed to make the writer look clever. It never works. And I have to say, I don't often see it here...

Countenancable? Is that a word in the real world??
Most people would just say that the use of particular language isn't 'acceptable'.

Google search for 'countenancable' = 4 results (all somewhat dubious sources)
Google search for 'acceptable' = 12,050,000,000 results

Please let's use words which promote communication rather than hinder it.

Countenancable? Is that a word in the real world??
Most people would just say that the use of particular language isn't 'acceptable'.

Google search for 'countenancable' = 4 results (all somewhat dubious sources)
Google search for 'acceptable' = 12,050,000,000 results

Please let's use words which promote communication rather than hinder it.
try "Countenanceable"

TLAs can be abbreviations or acronyms - I find occasionally people don't get the difference.
Whilst SCUBA and AIDS are acronyms, CBPV and LFT are abbreviations but obviously only one is a TLA

Agree all the tla's are a version of short hand to save writing out the longer word, it isn't particularly hard to cypher in the context of the subject at hand being discussed about. If one is talking about feeding or insulation above or below the CB, then a CB is easy it's not a radio term as some twonk implied on the LBKA group chat. And like wise if one is one is talking disease or brood issues CB is again quite simple to cypher.
As you say Moobee it isn't about being clever, smug or better but simply simplicity in typing a message.
Twonk is such a useful word 😉

all the English Nurses used to joke about the Welsh nurses at the Bristol Royal Infirmary because of their accents and dialectual traits as they would oft respond to a silly instruction/statement from fellow students/doctors/tutors/senior nurses with "well, There We Are Then" but when it dawned on them that it was an acronym 'in reverse' got rather peeved.

all the English Nurses used to joke about the Welsh nurses at the Bristol Royal Infirmary because of their accents and dialectual traits as they would oft respond to a silly instruction/statement from fellow students/doctors/tutors/senior nurses with "well, There We Are Then" but when it dawned on them that it was an acronym 'in reverse' got rather peeved.
....when she's annoyed at me, (most hours of the day), my partner has started calling me "midweeker"....that will be Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday.

Latest posts

Back