Wiring of a Burco water heater element

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dclewis

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Any handy electrician or burco owners out there please. (There aren't many Burco dealers here in this part of France and my electrical skills are somewhat limited.
I bought a second hand Burco off Ebay and to no real surprise the element lasted 5 minutes and then melted the plastic terminal mounts. So I got a hold of a new heater element for the model of Burco (part no 82620570). Now the terminal arrangement is totally different from the old one. So can anyone tell me how I wire it up. Live comes off the thermostat and connects to where and then the neutral comes off where and I can't see where the earth goes either? And then how are the 2 over heating cut out thingermibobs wired in? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Any handy electrician or burco owners out there please. (There aren't many Burco dealers here in this part of France and my electrical skills are somewhat limited.
I bought a second hand Burco off Ebay and to no real surprise the element lasted 5 minutes and then melted the plastic terminal mounts. So I got a hold of a new heater element for the model of Burco (part no 82620570). Now the terminal arrangement is totally different from the old one. So can anyone tell me how I wire it up. Live comes off the thermostat and connects to where and then the neutral comes off where and I can't see where the earth goes either? And then how are the 2 over heating cut out thingermibobs wired in? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please find a local competent electrician, it's not worth fooling with something you don't understand. It may kill you!:hairpull:

Goggle burco boiler wiring, there are some pics that may help

The switch has three settings. If like mine it is wired as follows.

LOW: 375W is both elements wired in series

MEDIUM: 750W is one element live.

1500W is both elements in parallel.

If in any doubt, dont ! Marking all the connecting wires before removing the element(s), or numerous digi pics is good.

RAB

from your description leave well alone before you burn your house down mate.

Latest posts

Back