Winter Tip for newcomers - smoker

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sparrowhawk however, found something the ideal shape to grasp - the trainees scrotum. It could not be persuaded to let it go and to pull the bird sharply away could cause injury to either party. After some debate it was decided to take them to the local hospital in Skegness. But first we had to get the pair to the nearest car which was quite a long way. We hoped the bird would let go voluntarily at some point, but it did not. At the hospital, the medical staff (after some discussion) found an instrument which was used to prise open the birds foot without injury to it. The good news is that the Sparrowhawk was returned to its point of capture and released unharmed. The trainee was kept in hospital for treatment.
I never did hear what his outcome was. Perhaps Amari could let us know what the likely outcome would have been?

Not sure that I can help.

My only beekeeping scrotal experiences relate to that tickling feeling rising up my calf, then my thigh, then PANIC.
Professionally, my expertise was limited to telescopic studies of Uranus and (different telescope) down the gullet.
Maybe Dani can help? She must have had colleagues whose testimonials were bruised by kicks from their patients.
Drex is the forumite to advise us all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back