Winter Homework!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juststarting

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 hives, 1 nuc
I am thinking of doing some of the BBKA exams, has anyone experience of the correspondence courses they offer?

Its quite a way to my nearest association and I thought they would be a good way to fill the long winter period when I'll be deprived from watchin my bees.

I am thinking of doing some of the BBKA exams, has anyone experience of the correspondence courses they offer?

Its quite a way to my nearest association and I thought they would be a good way to fill the long winter period when I'll be deprived from watchin my bees.

Yes. They are excellent. I used them for Modules 5,6,7 last year, and don't think I would have passed without them. I did manage modules 1,2,3 the year before without them, but I already had my husbandry exam, plenty of years of experience and been to plenty of conferences etc so relied more on my own knowledge. For Module 2, it's helpful to have prepared wax & honey for a honey show (to a good standard) as this means you can effectively write from experience.

The tutors can be a bit variable, but I think it makes not so much matter. The real benefit comes from writing concise, well researched answers in a formal way, and as each paper is submitted you find you have covered most of the syllabus.

Highly recommended.

Adam

Latest posts

Back