Winter bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
longer
I you think a colony can’t just suddenly decide to swarm. Lots if things have to be in place. Mature drones need to be flying. There must be stores to take and a sufficient number of bees to carry the swarm and to maintain the colony after it leaves.

Drones are not a sign of swarming. Hives do drones even if they do not swarm.
Neither queen cell cups are sign of swarming.

Guys, you have too much rules for swarming. How the rules help in swarming control or somewhere else?

Bees read calendar from day shortening and day lenghtening. As do all nature.
Yes, but if the weather is warm, so bees are flying, and there are abundant pollen in nature, then the colonies will build up, even on the shortest day of the year

Yes, but if the weather is warm, so bees are flying, and there are abundant pollen in nature, then the colonies will build up, even on the shortest day of the year

What are you explaining? That I am wrong? I wonder if bees gather pollen in Cristmas in Sweden.

In Mediterranian winter is best time to nature. Citrus trees are blooming, and one bee race make brood.

Sanntos, your biology knowledge is not on very good base.

Even though the queens have no intention of mating with their own drones, they still rear them (for the community) before making swarm preps.

Bees have same genes and they have their habits.

Intention to mate are in virgins genes, not in colonys memory. If the virgin emerges in winter, it does not mate. Surprise!!!

Stupid discussion really...

Mae gennyf wraig a deg o blant - a rheini'n cachu twlpe, dim ots gen i myn uffern i 'sa rheini'n cachu swlltau

No, no, you're both wrong. Quantum Jump's "Lone Ranger" actually starts:

Taumata-whaka-tangi-hanga-kuayuwo
tamate-aturi-pukaku-piki-maunga
horonuku-pokaiawhen-uaka-tana-tahu
mataku-atanganu-akawa-miki-tora

James

No, no, you're both wrong. Quantum Jump's "Lone Ranger" actually starts:

Taumata-whaka-tangi-hanga-kuayuwo
tamate-aturi-pukaku-piki-maunga
horonuku-pokaiawhen-uaka-tana-tahu
mataku-atanganu-akawa-miki-tora

James

In Finlad it means
laari laari laa,
granpa gets granma
Whole besutiful Finland cheers

Listen the chorus sing " honkain keskellä" = in the middle of pine forest. ... nothing lone rangers.

Drones are not a sign of swarming. Hives do drones even if they do not swarm.
Neither queen cell cups are sign of swarming.

Guys, you have too much rules for swarming. How the rules help in swarming control or somewhere else?
But hives don’t (usually) swarm without having mature drones in the colony, even though they won’t be mating with their own new queen.

Latest posts

Back