wing problem

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahtlinurk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
HI,

Got a problem on my hive - adults are carrying young diseased bees out. This colony was hived as a swarm on 14th of April. About a week ago i put a second brood box on and three brood frames + foundation in the top box. May cooled brood cause undeveloped young bees?
Or is this The wing virus? What to do?. I ordered already some thymol apiguard to put in the hive ust in case it is varrao problem.
Will get some pictures up as well.

Thanks,
Lauri

varroa problems

bees-with-deformed-wings.jpg

some pics i made. not good as it was ust raining. it seems that those bees were removed before they came out from the cell. and can so young colony have already a varrao problem? Next step?

That looks like a varroa problem and your bees have removed them as they are not viable. look at the wings and compare them to Finman's picture. Looks the same to me.

When you look close just emerged workers, you shoud see some mites on their skin.

a swarm may have a lot mites and you may see it with eyes.

well, now we know what is the cause of my problem. Can i solve it with thymol based gel or something more stronger?

Thanks,
Lauri

You can use any thymol based treatment providing you have no supers on - it will contaminate the honey.
Put an insert in as you apply the thymol and check the mite drop daily you will be surprised by the numbers.
:cheers2: Mike

Latest posts

Back