Windsor Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saturday 8th October 10am.

"Think of the money you saved!"

Go in a Smart - limit you to around £850 spend!!!!

Last edited:
Think of the money you saved!

R2

thats just what SWMBO said.

but i know that next spring i am going to need supers as i have 3 hives and only 3 supers. when i started this i was only going to have 1 hive but you know how it goes lol lol. they get split, you get a swarm, best layed plans and all that lol lol.

wonder what next year has instore for me.

:rolleyes:
thats just what SWMBO said.

but i know that next spring i am going to need supers as i have 3 hives and only 3 supers. when i started this i was only going to have 1 hive but you know how it goes lol lol. they get split, you get a swarm, best layed plans and all that lol lol.

wonder what next year has instore for me.

buy in their on line sale in November, Supers usually £13,50 more expensive but if you buy 8 it is over £100 worth so post free.. ...

extra on line sales cost 8x£1:50 is less than 2x 75 miles petol at 10 miles per litre (15x£1.35)....unless you take a smart car:rolleyes:

i get 7 MPG on the bus

Last edited:
just 19 miles out of my way today so just 1.75 litres fuel cost (£2.50).

However if one were to count professional time cost at my official hourly rate........

but i don't work saturdays!:)

However if one were to count professional time cost at my official hourly rate........

Don't supose your clients mind waiting, just chill out 'til Monday

i could have got a pallet full of supers in the Bus though, if i had gone...i assume as usual someone bought a pallet full

wonder how much a pallet full of super costs

the pallets of roofs were 100 off each.

presume it was similar for flat packed boxes.

"Don't supose your clients mind waiting, just chill out 'til Monday"

Luckily someone else sees them - my monday bits and bobs were prepped by me friday afternoon.

Bought these new English Feeders at £7.99 ea. at the Sale, although they are only £6.66 online.

Great value, very effective, easy to clean and no dead bees. Because the diameter of the cone is much wider than the rapid feeder, it's taken down very quickly.

I see no reason to buy the more expensive Ashforth feeders or equivalent.

BL

Bought these new English Feeders at £7.99 ea. at the Sale, although they are only £6.66 online.

Great value, very effective, easy to clean and no dead bees. Because the diameter of the cone is much wider than the rapid feeder, it's taken down very quickly.

I see no reason to buy the more expensive Ashforth feeders or equivalent.

BL

Its a bit annoying having to centre them over the feed hole as they aren't "super" sized, but good design and cheap . Yet to do a dead bee count.

You should be ashamed, Doc...called that full?

I can see space for a couple of queen cages AND a bee brush, Tut, Tut... :rofl:

As i said earlier - if i'd found them i'd've had two packs of 50 dadant manleys in there too.

It was a bit cosy with the pack of 4 all butter croissants poking over my shoulder for the duration of the journey.

It was a bit cosy with the pack of 4 all butter croissants poking over my shoulder for the duration of the journey.

im impressed i would have eaten them within 15mins of starting out lol lol

BTW do they produce a sale price list before as im looking at going to the hants sale in oct. want to decide on what i want before i go so i can take enough cash (dont have plastic)

Latest posts

Back