wiltshire beekeeping supplies?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a beek stockist in Wiltshire??

I could go for mail order, but as the stuff I want is pretty cheap but the postage makes it rather expensive (£19 + £9 postage!!)

Maisemore is the only close one I know but is still 100 mile+ round trip... and I need to take half a day off to get there during opening hours! :(

Cheers
Pete

Don't know if it still there but there used to be a supplier in Stockbridge Hants - Admin should know, I've been in France for the last 10 years so I'm a bit out of touch. Mike

thats a long way too! Wiltshire is a very big county!

I'm not sure about the locality, but is this any help ? - JCBrum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHRIS RAWLINGS, Thornes Agent, Berryfield Bees

Berryfield Meadow, 5 Goose Street, Southwick, Trowbridge, BA14 9RQ, 01225 344258.
[email protected]. Find me on the A361, just past the 30mph restriction sign on the right as you approach Southwick from North Bradley, Trowbridge. Please phone before calling.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Pete
There is a thornes shop in Stockbridge, well Chilbolton to be precise.
Thornes of Stockbridge
Chilbolton Down Farm
Chilbolton Farm
Stockbridge
Hampshire
SO20 6BU

tel 01264 810916
email: [email protected]

Hi
I am in Wilts as well, depends what you want but I would definitely ring both places before travelling as they only stock items that sell so if your order is for something that is a slow seller it may pay to order.
kev
PS Or find a friendly local beekeeper and add it to their next order, club together

Depending on what you are after , i noticed the other day that Whitehall Garden Centre nr Lacock was selling frames, wax sheets, queen excluders, feeders, skeps and a few other bits and bobs. Not a huge amount but a small selection.

Ps, if you look on the web there is a chap Alan Wadsworth at Bromham nr Chippenham who makes hives and all parts needed and has a stock of other items for sale www.alanwadsworth.co.uk

That top bar affair looks interesting. A national size tb which uses supers etc.

Latest posts

Back