Will the clover flow be late this year?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyofarr

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A lot of the plants used by bees have been late coming into flower this year, for example the hawthorn has only just started flowering in the last week and the bees are still avidly working the sycamore in this area. Does anyone have any idea how the timing of the clover flow will be affected by the cold start this spring?

A lot of the plants used by bees have been late coming into flower this year, for example the hawthorn has only just started flowering in the last week and the bees are still avidly working the sycamore in this area. Does anyone have any idea how the timing of the clover flow will be affected by the cold start this spring?

Should be on time, day lenght has a bigger effect on later flowering plants then a cool spring

Thanks for that, hopefully we won't get a June gap then.

Yes. I've seen terminal flower buds here so not long. Clover is out in places. Stan has mown the shorter areas in the field to help it along

I think everything is further ahead where you are, we seem to be really behind this year, the sooner the bramble and clover are in flower the better, I am running out of honey fast. I thought that Wales got more rain and bad weather than the South West but I must have been wrong.

The clover flow has started at an out apiary near the Tamar. I think it has started here before my other apiaries because the farmers cut the grass short for silage making earlier than the other farmers in the area. It is great seeing the nectar coming in, I just hope this wet spell that is being forecast does not last for long.

Latest posts

Back