will 0.5 mile make much differance - OSR

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not care what 2 hive owners think about me.
hardly they have basic knowledge to think.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Is the number of hives a beekeeper has an measure of their intelligence, or it it a indication of the number of colonies they choose to keep?

China ... $2.08 ... £1.31

That figure is wrong. I get the market reports every week from a trading house in Bremen, and Chinese ELA, just about their cheapest grade, was USD 1745/ mt, CIF UK port. Duty still to add.

That is $1.74/ £1.06......per kilo

but as you quoted per pound that equates to

$0.79 / £ 0.495

Rather different. Maybe your figures included the US anti dumping tarriffs.

...kilo price when you add one null. Then devide half and it is pound price .

Multiply the kilo price by 2.2 to get the price in GBP (Great British Pounds) per pound.

I don't know of many computers that don't have a calculator or two onboard, or if surfing then Google will always find an online one for you.

"" is a null, not to bee confused with 0 (zero). Null is not a number. Best not used for calculating OA, or you might get a bit of argument . . . :) Null is one of those vain characters!

Interesting figures in the thread though, which most of us wouldn't generally know without yourself and Murray's input. Thanks gents.

Last edited:
Multiply the kilo price by 2.2 to get the price in GBP (Great British Pounds) per pound.

Take it you mean Divide ......

I don't know of many computers that don't have a calculator or two onboard, or if surfing then Google will always find an online one for you.

"" is a null, not to bee confused with 0 (zero). Null is not a number. Best not used for calculating OA, or you might get a bit of argument . . . :) Null is one of those vain characters!

Interesting figures in the thread though, which most of us wouldn't generally know without yourself and Murray's input. Thanks gents.

:cool: :)

My method is rough. When you look the variation of honey jars, you do not get better "makes sense price" with accurate system.

Hombre: " is a null, not to bee confused with 0 (zero). "

Thanks, I did not know that. First I wrote "add zero", but when you add zero to the number, is it better? Some say taht zero is nothing.

Thanks anyway! Surely you out there can calculate without my help.

Last edited:
That figure is wrong.

Rather different. Maybe your figures included the US anti dumping tarriffs.

I wondered that myself, because in all reports it is said that Chinece honey rules the global prices.

Our bulk honey price rised last Autum quite high. it was 5 euros/kilo.

Outsell prices are around 10 euros/kg.

I have taken 7 euros/kg in jars. Idea is that customers come to me, and not me to customers.
Delivering costs are huge with these fuel prices.

Last edited:
Back