Wildlife Camera

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
After seeing all the bees out en masse on sunday, with raised spirits i cleaned out the bird box and cleaned the camera in the roof with the idea of sparking it up again.

I did a bit of maintenance on the box, and managed to get the camera working again. some blue tits have already expressed an interest, think its the same pair from last year.

Will post some pics on here if any start to nest.

It also got me thinking - i have enough cable to run to the bottom of the garden, where my new hive is sat, currently unoccupied, but how cool would it be to rig up a camera inside the hive ?? has anyone done this here ?? do they cover the camera in propolis ??

Wow, that would be fantastic if you could!

I guess i could make use of the hole thats already in the CB for the camera to sit on, then just rig up a couple of led's to enhance the light.

Or as you mention if i just rig it up externally pointing slightly into the hive at the entrance, watching them coming and going would be less intrusive, and no need for light.

Sweetums you got me looking at these now anyone found a cheap one suitable for outside the hive?

Back