Wild Flowers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
So that's where they are getting the pollen from!

That's the er,......er can't think of the name right now but its on the tip of my tongue.

I have said that a number of times but now that's a thing of the past.
Two brilliant books for identifying wild flowers are;

1. The Wild Flowers of Britain and Northern Europe by Fitter, Fitter & Blamey - ISBN 0-00-219715-4 one of the best books I have ever come across. There are drawings of over 1950 species described and over 1430 plants in colour.

2. Photographic Field Guide Wild Flowers of Britain and Europe by Press & Gibbons - ISBN 1-85368-149-0 In his book they show a good photograph of the plant and on the left give a full description all about the plant.

I use both these books to help with pollen identification as it's nice to know the name of the plant or flower that the pollen grains come from.

Regards;

Do you think an interest in Flora goes hand in hand with Beekeeping? I do.

Hi Widdershins,

an interest in Flora goes hand in hand with Beekeeping?

Of course it does. I think its good to put a plant or flower to the pollen grains that are collected by the bees. Its nice to know what they have been feeding on. It can also give an indication of what your hone could be tasting like.

Regards;

Latest posts

Back