wild bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incatatus

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
was out on a walk with my family this afternoon and saw a wild colony using a hole in a tree, will get back there this week and take some pics. it was an oak tree in an ancient oak wood/forest. was really a great site, 100 yds further on the path was an adder, scurried off quick when we got close, i know its off topic but had to share, never seen one before.:hurray:

I'd be interested to see the pics :) I've never even seen a swarm, let alone a wild colony. I'll keep an eye out for your pics :)

Don't broadcast your information too far and wide though. There's bound to be some prune who will want to turn up with a chainsaw or some or other 'trapout' device and claim these wild bees as his own. He will probably be the type descended from the family who killed the last wolf in Britain or something.

I've never even seen a swarm,

Kaz

The first time one of your hives swarm, its awesome, and looks scary, if you happen to be there when they come out the hive.

Thing to do is,,,,,,, Nothing, just wait at a safe distance for them to settle. :)

I've never even seen a swarm,

Kaz

The first time one of your hives swarm, its awesome, and looks scary, if you happen to be there when they come out the hive.

Thing to do is,,,,,,, Nothing, just wait at a safe distance for them to settle. :)

:iagree: Its an amazing sight.

Latest posts

Back