Why have posts disappeared?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3509

House Bee
Reaction score
Early today Jenkinsbrynmair posted that there was a cofirmed sighting of the Asian hornet. He originally said that it was in the south west, but later, after I had asked if he could give a bit more information about the exact area, he said it was on the south coast. Now all those posts have disappeared. Is it my computer that is the problem, although new posts are coming in on other subjects, or have these posts between Jenkinbrynmair and myself been deleted for a more sinister reason?

Hi ive had a email from nbu this afternoon saying they had found a second A/H nest near1st nest and destroyed , plus they are looking into activities in Hull and Liskeard and Fowey

I believe admin has dealt with some technical issues the site has been having by changing hosts. A few posts may have gone astray in the process

Hi ive had a email from nbu this afternoon saying they had found a second A/H nest near1st nest and destroyed , plus they are looking into activities in Hull and Liskeard and Fowey

OMG we how have GREMLINS as well as the efficacious insidious vacuous Trolls!!

Admin we admire you for your tenacity!

Chons da

Apparently they have found even more now, somewhere between Dover and Lands End.

Both the nests at Fowey were the same one colony - primary and secondary. They've finished with Hull and they're withdrawing from Liskeard

Apparently they have found even more now, somewhere between Dover and Lands End.

Is that missing posts, or asian hornets? :)

Both the nests at Fowey were the same one colony - primary and secondary. They've finished with Hull and they're withdrawing from Liskeard

Does that mean there is a high likelihood of more secondary hives?

Does that mean there is a high likelihood of more secondary hives?

No - one secondary nest per colony - queen starts a small nest in spring, usually in man made structures or low bushes (a bit like common wasps) when the colony grows to a decent size they build a bigger nest nearby and gradually migrate to that - it is there, at the end of the season the sexuals (both males and queens are propagated.

Hah, I didn’t know the beek community were a paranoid lot! A couple of posts go missing and it’s a conspiracy.

Early today Jenkinsbrynmair posted that there was a cofirmed sighting of the Asian hornet. He originally said that it was in the south west, but later, after I had asked if he could give a bit more information about the exact area, he said it was on the south coast.

Hampshire actually - Winchester area, NBU quick off the mark, nest already located and destroyed

Latest posts

Back