Why Has

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was what just happend to me ont the diabetics eating honey and the vegans eating honey threads too! very odd. perhpas there is a computer geek who is trying to bring back the naughty step by the back door.

Monitoring post pre posting.

If they start this routine of 'Moderating' posts then I'm out.

How can they when they have a Stupid petty thread named Adult Forum. with members writing about irrelevant things.
I am not a prude as I did 22years in the Royal Marines.

Regards; Bcrazy

Woo up there,we did a software update and it changed some of the posting permissions.
Sorry about that.

Give me 10 mins to fix it.

Only took 30 seconds.

It should of only done it to the Honey forum and not the others.

Genuine mistake.

Stupid petty thread named Adult Forum.

Regards; Bcrazy

The thread was requested by a member,would other members like it removed?

The members own the forum not the admin team.

Glad you fixed it Admin. Thanks

B Crazy. It is true that the adult Forum is silly, but members said they wanted it and I think a lot of the content is very funny. I think that it the point.. a bit of harmless fun.

The adult forum clearly states what it is!

If you do not want to read it do not.

Some "other" beekeeping forums are very stuffy and especially at this time of year.

It is nice to be able to have a joke "off topic" with members.

This forum is a bout self moderation, if somone does not like a post, regardless of which section it is, other forum memebers please let that poster know.

And finaly if there is a dedicated section for us to be "Silly Adults" then that keeps the other sections clear for some good hard.... beekeeping:cheers2:

No harm in having an area just for a bit of silliness.

Re Adult Forum.

I think its irresponsible of members to have such a thread as the thread in question. It has nothing to do with beekeeping which is the primary role of this Forum.
I have not asked for it to be removed and will not in future.

Regards; Bcrazy:seeya:

Go on Bcrazy go post a joke in that forum,show us you have a sense of humour,I think that section helps some members to bond,without members bonding we have no forum,let others feel your love.

^^^
Post above is tongue in cheek,I have no wish to offend you as you have a vast amount of beekeeping knowledge to share with us.

without members bonding we have no forum.

This is where the other falls down, nobody really gets to know one another on there, this forum however is a much friendlier place, what difference does it make how many questions you ask or how many times you ask the same question, nobody is going to call you an idiot or think you are a sheep !!!! (remember that one Admin).

Beekeeping needs new Blood, and younger blood, to mix with the old and experienced, you adapt or you die. Beekeeping is changing through a number of factors, what we dont need are teachers set in their ways who refuse to admit some of their age old methods may not actually work today, or scorn those who are full of enthusiasm but need direction.

This reply is not directed at any members, just the old forum i used to frequent daily, and my experience of it.

Hey Sweetums,

what we don't need are teachers set in their ways who refuse to admit some of their age old methods may not actually work today, or scorn those who are full of enthusiasm but need direction.

That is absolutely correct.

At my association there are too many old beekeepers that are so set in their ways it's impossible even to talk to them.
With the introduction of Varroa these members are now finding that beekeeping has taken on a new role where unfortunately we have to use chemicals to control Varroa so our bees try and stay in a healthy condition as possible. I wonder if many of us will see the eradication of Varroa?

This brings me on to another point regards beekeeping. Everyone carries out their beekeeping to the best of their ability, some will look and learn whilst others will remain at a certain standard. I for one wish to learn as much as possible about this wonderful insect called The Honey Bee.
Information posted on this Forum must be assessed by each individual to ascertain if its worth remembering or actioning the post. There will always be Not so good information or posts, and there will be enlightening posts, and I don't mean the Adult Forum.
We should not knock members who use other methods of beekeeping or try other approaches to combat disease.

I think I have had my say so;

Regards; Bcrazy:seeya:

Sorry Admin - it was a bit of a shock to find "the post is being checked by a mod message" I thought things had gone wrong somewhere, I didn't think you'd suddenly changed direction. . . and I couldn't stay on long enough to do anything else other than post this and hope to draw your attention to it.

Sorry also BCrazy. . . . it was me asking for an "adults only" section as forums that stick singularly to the topic can become very stagnant places, a lot of us (you included) have come from elsewhere and I objected to being told as a beginner to check past posts before posting as the question could have been asked previously, any action like that immediately reduces the amount of posts made, forums like this need to be active and vibrant with posters from all levels and if a section which includes ahem . . jokes helps that along - well why not? Posters need never visit there and still be happy in their own sections and it might just make some people visit more often. :cheers2:

I am on many forums, and they all have "off topic" areas, which allow the forum to move on when "normal" topics dry up.

You have to remeber that how people are no getting into beekeeping is changing i.e they are using the internet.

People are now brought up on the internet, and the new "blood" coming though expect forums to be run LIKE THIS ONE!

A good forum manages its self via the members.

Repeat posts should never be discuraged, but I think you will find that people do use the search faclity which is very helpful.

Thats a very good post Enzyme,I agree if we stick to just beekeeping then members get board and the fights break out.

All of us have hobbies that are connected to our bees in some way and thats what we need to post about to keep the forum worth visiting.

Although the forum is called Beekeepingforum.co.uk its also about connected subjects allied to the hobby.

Its just that:
Beekeepingforumandeverythingelseconnectedtothehobby.co.uk seemed a bit much to remember:)

Well, I post in the Adult part almost every day - every other forum I belong to, whether its to do with Chickens, downsizing or therapies, ALL have a section for humour and sillyness - also for quizzes and other light hearted things.
I strongly believe we all need to have a chuckle and lighten the mood every once in a while, it doesnt hurt anyone; and lets face it, it does have a warning that comes with it.

Check out some other forums, see how they are run, I think you;ll be surprised to find that 'The Other' place most of us from here originally came from is in the minority.

However, if the general concensus (is that spelt right?!) says they dont want it, fair enough.

i am happy to go with the flow too regarding adult forum. maybe in a little while we should have a poll whether we want to keep it?? I would be also very glad if BCrazy stayed with us... he knows a lot...hope you will BCrazy

Latest posts

Back