Why do I get this message when I am logged in?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marklaverda

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
All,
When I log in and get confirmation I am logged in, and after reading a few posts, a message appears and tells me to log in or register.
I cannot continue on the forum until I log in again.
This is quite irritating...any ideas what is wrong, or what I am doing wrong?

had the same trouble. just click the box that remembers your users/passwords
and logs you in automatically.
Lauri

There is a new version of Firefox out, 3.5 and it's much faster.

I am trialling Ubantu 9.04 on the lappie and am debating if I will even go with Windows to 7 on the business tower.

PH

Last edited:
That Jaunty Jackalope is apparently a mean bit of kit from all reports. Arguably the best Ubuntu version from Cannonical to date.

PH do you use Ubuntu or Kubuntu? I'm a SUSE user with a KDE 3.5.9 desktop. Might consider KDE 4.2.x next year, but definitely thinking of popping K/Ubuntu 9.4 onto a laptop and foregoing Windows totally.

Do you have any critical Windows programs and will they work under WINE?

I am out of my depth here and not afraid to admit it.

I have messed with Linux a few times but to only my cost. This time it is working and working well.

I am on a dual boot on the lappie, and Ubantu is doing all I want it to. As for wine I prefer to drink serious reds. I have never seen the proggy. Other boot is Vista.

PH

Have you had any problems with the dual boot ?
I ask because I have a 64bit laptop but refuse to use Vista as I dont like it and fancy a go with dual boot xp/Ubuntu

I am happy to report none but mine is 32. It was my offshore entertainment and I didn't stint on that when I was making that cash. 250 gig hd and it's too late to give the spec but it's a Acer Aspire 770G Mean piece of kit.

The dual boot is best done by using the Ubantu live disc and telling it to organise the patition. I mad the error of doing the partition first, and it caused a big issue.

The Ubantu forum, esp the newbies bit were brill and got me sorted in under thre hours. Impressive. So this is me being thick.. enjoy.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7631947#post7631947

Good Night

PH

By all reports Ubuntu have indeed got Jaunty Jackalope very right. A big thing when it comes to Potential new users who may not be overly technical. This time it apparently works out of the box.
With the price of HDD the way they are, I feel it's better to forget dual booting and just go for it.
Sorry to drive off the original thread.

The answer for which was to tick the "Remember me" box as Sahtilnurk mentioned. I forget how long ago it was that I actually logged in physically.

Hi all
I use Ubantu, i think it's the best O/S going, no crashing and very fast, plus it's updated every 6 months.

I still have windows installed (on a 2nd hard drive) as my scanner & printer won't run on Ubantu.

As for logging on i use Firefox with no probs

Best wishes

John D

PH do you use Ubuntu or Kubuntu? I'm a SUSE user with a KDE 3.5.9 desktop. Might consider KDE 4.2.x next year, but definitely thinking of popping K/Ubuntu 9.4 onto a laptop and foregoing Windows totally.

You might be better off staying with SUSE (or Fedora), for various technical reasons I'm not a big fan of debian based distributions myself.

Do you have any critical Windows programs and will they work under WINE?

My wife uses Crossover which is WINE repackaged into a user friendly form, and it runs quite a lot of stuff nicely (except mainly MS Access). Another option is Xen, (which if you're running SUSE will be quite straight forward for you). It enables you to run a full Windows install within Linux for the few apps you need it for, and if windows crashes, it doesn't really matter.

"What, aint no language I ever heard of, say it again, I dare you, I double dare you".

samuel_l_jackson_cool_with_gun.bmp

I am using Firefox.The forum has asked me to login again this eve for the 2nd time. Really gets under my fins when it does this. I havent tried IE as I dont use it on this computer, Anyone else having this issue and advice on how to resolve.

It is good to see so many of you use Linux, I too use Ubuntu, have used debian for quite a number of years. If you have not tried Xubuntu, then I can recommend it, Xubuntu uses the XFCE desktop which is mean and lean, but still very functional. The good point about debian based distributions is security, all ports are closed by default. This is not necessarily the case with other distributions.

Any way, I find ticking the "keep me login" box a pain as I normally forget and then find I have dropped out of the session. This is OK if I am just browsing the forum and do no need to look a any pictures as I can easily clear the tracking cookie and carry on browsing, ops should I say that! I do not allow the browser to remember passwords by default, as I think this is insecure.

Back