Which type of honey do you like best?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
To eat that is?

Despite the problems of OSR setting rock hard, when you get it creamed just right, I like OSR best.

Borage is also high on my list, but very rare these days.

First year Jim and not had any honey, fingers crossed for next year. However can I ask what do you mean by creamed? is it the same as blending?

hawthorn - lovely slightly nutty caramely gooey heavenly taste. I wish it would yeald every year !

Acacia without any doubt, trouble is I've only ever been able to buy it abroad. Bought some in Flanders in May; it was magnificent.

I love honey...any honey...I couldn't eat it for years as it triggered migraine, but luckily I have ourgrown them, not had one for at least a year, from two a month.

Rhododendron made me ill though..

Borage is one of my favs too....but only ever had one jar of it!
I also am a big fan of acacia. Delicate, light and smooth.

I like my random local mix.

It's the best.

Oh and in my opinion better than heather. (ducks for cover).:boxing_smiley:

First year Jim and not had any honey, fingers crossed for next year. However can I ask what do you mean by creamed? is it the same as blending?

Black its same as soft set not blended

naturally granulated OSR honey or tiny amount of borage honey on toast.
:drool5:

This might sound disloyal but New Zealand Clover honey is delicious - tastes like butterscotch!

my mostly apple/blackberry/clover is loverly, its pretty clear, light in colour and taste. :drool5:

Honey from the blackberry flowers alongside the canal: there's miles of it, so the honey is really blackberry-y. Superb - and very clear, doesn't granulate too quickly. Particularly good in comb.

Also lime flower honey. Really special.

Latest posts

Back