Which is best mixer attachment to fit to a drill to ‘cream’ OSR honey or make crystals finer?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 (3 National and 1 wbc)
Thinking ahead to next season.
The hand held plunger type honey creamer, is not a viable option for me.

Can anyone recommend or please share their views on which mixer tool, to attach to an electric drill to seed OSR honey to reduce the size of the crystals to give a smoother creamer honey?

Thanks

Thinking ahead to next season.
The hand held plunger type honey creamer, is not a viable option for me.

Can anyone recommend or please share their views on which mixer tool, to attach to an electric drill to seed OSR honey to reduce the size of the crystals to give a smoother creamer honey?

Thanks
I have a corkscrew. Works well enough.
C8BBDBC1-F775-467D-8785-0ADABAE1F3C2.jpeg

Mixing honey with an ordinary drill might be hard work on the drill. I think it would be best to also invest in an electric mixer drill (or paddle mixer), and keep it just for honey use. I have this one - here. I can't remember where I bought mine, or whether it is exactly the same model. I'm using it with the spiral mixer (on Dani's link).

I prefer the central axis spiral mixer - a lot cheaper with C Wynne Jones (cheaper than the corkscrew one I think!)
Hi JBM
The lovely Welshman Mr Jones always has to work hard,at understanding my Burr and likewise have to tune into his lilt ( I used to buy pallets worth of jars from him)
Is this central axis spiral mixer a variation of the corkscrew mixer or is it the same thing as in photo from Erichalfbee?

Mixing honey with an ordinary drill might be hard work on the drill. I think it would be best to also invest in an electric mixer drill (or paddle mixer), and keep it just for honey use. I have this one - here. I can't remember where I bought mine, or whether it is exactly the same model. I'm using it with the spiral mixer (on Dani's link).
Very helpful, with photos, thanks Mellifera.
So you are all using the corkscrew mixer then?

I have a corkscrew. Works well enough.
View attachment 22046
Thanks for that Erichalfbee, very helpful with the photos.
That Honey churner E3068, looks different from the corkscrew attachments, and really dear, is this a more efficient model or just the “fairy dust sprinkles “,
model?

Hi JBM
The lovely Welshman Mr Jones always has to work hard,at understanding my Burr and likewise have to tune into his lilt ( I used to buy pallets worth of jars from him)
Is this central axis spiral mixer a variation of the corkscrew mixer or is it the same thing as in photo from Erichalfbee?
It's the one below, just £20.50 or so with Wynne. Much more robust than the corkcrew one and seems no work to use.
It's the daughter and grandkids that now run the outfit so maybe the language bar won't be as bad (but they are North Walians, even we real Welsh struggle to understand them :D)
1599663844810.png
As for purchasing a purpose made mixing drill.
I've managed over the years with a bog standard Dewalt 18volt rechargeable drill and it hasn't failed me yet.

Thanks to you all for your advice.....now to get my Welsh dictionary out!

Latest posts

Back