Which glue?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nematode

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Which glue should I use to glue wood to polycarbonate?

I bought a national polycarbonate crown board. However, my hives are all top bee space and the crown board I bought is bottom bee space. So, I made a new frame for the polycarbonate. I did not mind doing this as now I can include a small eek space (for varroa treatment) if I turn my crown board upside down. The polycarbonate sheet needs to be flush with the bottom of the frame. Which glue should I use to hold it in place?

Thank you erichalfbee and pargyle, super glue it is then. I got a load or diy things given to me by my father in law when he downsized. In amongst it all was a little box with lots of tubes of super glue. I remember thinking skeptically, "when am I ever going to need that much super glue?"

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I use mitre glue. You spray one surface. Put the glue on the other and hold them together for a coup!e of minutes and they are as strong as a rock. Only found it last year and now use it for most things. Brilliant stuff! Screwfix or Toolstation
E

I use mitre glue. You spray one surface. Put the glue on the other and hold them together for a coup!e of minutes and they are as strong as a rock. Only found it last year and now use it for most things. Brilliant stuff! Screwfix or Toolstation
E

Ah......
That’s the stuff that Pargyle mentioned. Superglue Accelerator
Looks good
I might pop some of that in Stan’s Christmas stocking :D

E

Same stuff ... CA Glue with the accelerator as a package .. works out about the same price .. bit cheaper at present as there's 5% off at Toolstation.

Which glue should I use to glue wood to polycarbonate?

I bought a national polycarbonate crown board. However, my hives are all top bee space and the crown board I bought is bottom bee space. So, I made a new frame for the polycarbonate. I did not mind doing this as now I can include a small eek space (for varroa treatment) if I turn my crown board upside down. The polycarbonate sheet needs to be flush with the bottom of the frame. Which glue should I use to hold it in place?

This is good stuff.. but use it sparingly ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLZYYlMkNBU

I often use EVO-STIK Sticks Like Sh*t and Turbo version - can be used on most materials, even in the wet, weather-proof and water resistant comes in white and clear and is solvent free.

I often use EVO-STIK Sticks Like Sh*t and Turbo version - can be used on most materials, even in the wet, weather-proof and water resistant comes in white and clear and is solvent free.

Lovely stuff

I like Gorilla glue and the tape. The tape is currently in use here holding bandage to wound pad for our badly injured whippet. The vets are impressed too.... Oh and this is week 21 of bandages.

Superglue? LOL. I had the seriously powerful stuff we used offshore to glue 1" seals on the mud system which were pressure tested to 10k. Did it work on anything else? Did it hell.

PH

Back