Which extractor?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballibeg

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Looking to make a capital purchase of an electric tangential extractor for commercial frames. Where should I be looking? I can only see what I want on Thornes or are there some euro options?

Ta,

Dave

What size extractor how many frames?

Last edited:
at the moment evan with the pound being equal to a euro the european market is about 15% less than any english seller if not more. i can buy the equiviant product from germany and have it shiped to england for the price of a shop one minus the vat and delivery. there are four suppliers in france .belique and germany that are within a 4 hour drive of calais, go for a long weekend and come back with one, i have several times.

at the moment evan with the pound being equal to a euro the european market is about 15% less than any english seller if not more. i can buy the equiviant product from germany and have it shiped to england for the price of a shop one minus the vat and delivery. there are four suppliers in france .belique and germany that are within a 4 hour drive of calais, go for a long weekend and come back with one, i have several times.

Sounds like a good plan.... if I didn't live in Scotland!

Thanks for the links Veg, I'm following up.

Dave

Hedgerow pete can you post the names of the ones in france as im off there for me summer hols.

the main four are
swienty a-s
maisemore at home not gloucester
thomas apiculture
and i got my last spinner from Bienen-voigt and warnholz" www.bivo.de "
i brought from them a ten frame electric control spinner for 545 euros last year thats brand new and delivered to uk where as thornes wanted a grand for there mk 12 try typing in ref code Nr.12771

Just looked at that Geman site seems more expensive than the UK.
419 euros just for a motor.
I have found a supplier for extractor motors if anyone is interested let me know for
PRICE £131.27+VAT
CARRIAGE UK £12.00
DELIVERY 3 WEEKS

Last edited:
I have a 6 swing basket extractor mouldering away. Stainless too.

PH

There are extractors on e-bay, does anyone know anything about them?

Busy Bee

15% saving on a 6 frame extractor? what £100 or less...

Pete, sometimes your numbers versus time/effort simply do not add up - even if the above was true, the costs of driving from a UK city to some European destination in time, fuel and ferry charges makes it a nonsense. Even driving to Scotland makes no sense when compared to a good courier.

Also you cant avoid VAT of purchases from Europe, you can only have them drop the tax if you are VAT registered.

Some of the euro manufacturers wont even bring kit to the BBKA convention for free now (which is what I would have suggested) - mind you this may still be the cheapest way. They wont understand commercial frames so you would have to send them examples I suspect.

Jez

Last edited:
If you're looking in France then I find that Ickowicz is usually cheaper than buying from Thomas. They are on the internet and their catalogue is quite user friendly.

I bought an extractor from beeequiped.co.uk and it worked very well its a 9 frame radial for around £400. I have no complaints with it.

Busy Bee

anyone tried the polish supplier mentioned in a previous thread i think it was titled 'does anyone build english extractors' or something like that a few months ago seemed pretty cheap then

There are extractors on e-bay, does anyone know anything about them?

Busy Bee

eBay.com, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide.
Basically a website originally set up to help people sell old unwanted junk now virtually taken over by commercial sellers.
Hope this helps :D

Latest posts

Back