Where to sell wax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alltddu

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Anyone know where to get a decent price for good cappings wax? Other than trying to sell small bits on eBay, I mean. Thornes and co seem to not differentiate and will pay the same price for anything. The wax we were given from conversion this year was really dark and the stuff we took in was really good wax.

The colour of wax foundation doesn’t really matter, suppliers don’t differentiate because they don’t have to and it does the job. If you can’t be bothered with small quantities or volume of sales then just sell it as a job lot.

If you're that bothered you could just buy premium foundation from Castle farm etc then get shop credit from Th or Mm for your own stuff afterwards -if they still do that.
Not such a good deal but eliminates your sense of unfairness...

Maybe branch out a bit and refine it further targeting the candlemaking fraternity.

Or invest in a sheet embosser and make your own foundation
🤫
You could sell loads if you pushed shook swarming.-Jbm would go for it for sure.

If you are anywhere near the coast, surfwax people use beeswax. When I get myself into gear and render my wax, a local guy who makes surfwax wants to do a collaboration.

Latest posts

Back