where to keep bees in manchester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hi all
as a wannabe bee keeper, i would love any advice or contacts of where i could find some land suitable for a hive ideally in the south mancs area.
many thanks
adam

:welcome:
Are you good with heights, by any chance....
:icon_204-2:

:welcome:
:icon_204-2:

Hi Adamb!

Forgive Luminos's weird repost. It's a reference to me living in S. Manchester but keeping bees on the roof of Manchester Cathedral.

We try to humour her. Matron will be along soon.

Have you tried Stockport BKA? I think they meet Wednesdays not far from Stepping Hill Hospital.
I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Dusty.

hi

stockport beekeepers are going to be my nxt visit soon as i get a chance. Although top of the cathedral does sound a great location !

Hi Adamb!

Forgive Luminos's weird repost. It's a reference to me living in S. Manchester but keeping bees on the roof of Manchester Cathedral.

We try to humour her. Matron will be along soon.

Have you tried Stockport BKA? I think they meet Wednesdays not far from Stepping Hill Hospital.
I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Dusty.

A change of venue and day. Winter meetings are now at Woodford on a Friday and summer ones on a Saturday at various locations.

http://www.cheshire-bka.co.uk/Branch/Stockport.php

Google maps satellite view is a good start!
You can scan the area for likely spots ,vehicular access etc . Pick a few place , then approach the farmer/land holder .
Apparently a busy farmer is more likely to acquiesce to such a request rather than the "Have you anywhere I could keep a few beehives please" seeing that it's easier to say no than to agree to interrupt his busy day trailing round his land trying to identify a place for an eager newbie :D
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not so laughable or indeed to be put to one side due to Luminos' sense of humour.

Many keep bees on the roofs of high-rise buildings - and on low-rise ones!

Try Landshare and ask for some land.

Latest posts

Back