where to get Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Although i have not built my hives yet i am thinking ahead and what is the best options for getting bees. I would of thought local bees would be nice but if i can't get local whats the next best option?

I have seen bee traps stuff does it work , seen it on ebay.
But i don't really want to have to wait when it comes to getting some.
Thanks

Although i have not built my hives yet i am thinking ahead and what is the best options for getting bees. I would of thought local bees would be nice but if i can't get local whats the next best option?

I have seen bee traps stuff does it work , seen it on ebay.
But i don't really want to have to wait when it comes to getting some.
Thanks

3 options
-buy a full hive costing around £200 plus

-buy a nuc costs from £60 to £180

-collect a swarm cost fuel, down side is you dont know what you are getting in terms of temper and disease

Who is doing the £60 Nucs?

I will take 50 please..

Can't do 50, but I am doing v early nucs at £80 (all booked) May/June at £70 & later at 60.
Quiet productive bees.

Sputnum glad to hear you are selling members nucs again this year,you had some good feedback from members last year :cheers2:

a nuc costs from £60 to £180

TB,

Even more from our well known supplier - 200 quid (but no VAT on these?) No delivery date either, so could be a late one - buyers check before making a deposit!

Regards, RAB

You can get one for 60 quid or even for free from your local BBKA group.

All you have to do is turn up on Sundays with a cake for the cream teas once a month during the summer,volunteer to organise and run the bee tent at the county show for the next 3 years and donate a kidney and the nuc is yours..

You can get one for 60 quid or even for free from your local BBKA group.

All you have to do is turn up on Sundays with a cake for the cream teas once a month during the summer,volunteer to organise and run the bee tent at the county show for the next 3 years and donate a kidney and the nuc is yours..

Tish, tish, Admin, such cynicism...and from one so young.

Tish, tish, Admin, such cynicism...and

from one so young.

ok £60 well more like £80 for the bees but lets say £60add five thornes second frames and warped year old foundation at £3.50 per frame amd a not returnable Nuc at £45 made out of chip board that turns to mush the first time it rains....not much change from £200

am i cynical ,nah lad, just be been a beginner

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back