where to buy Fumidil-B

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BERNIE

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
just received my first colony of bees earlier this week,:did my first inspection of hive today and swapped over floor+roof which belong to friend,put an eke on and treated with apiguard.there is one super on which has maybe 3 frames of nectar in all,so thought this seems a bit light,going to start feeding but wanted to include Fumidil-B in the solution.thornes are sold out so are maismore where else can i buy it from?

Why do you want to use fumidil? Do you suspect nosema?

Last edited:
Why not go the whole hog? - agent Orange, a salvo or two from a twin Bofors, couple of cruise missiles, a thermonuclear strike and some napalm should do you nicely!
whistling.gif

no they don't have it.just thought it would be preventative.or am i worrying to much.can't get my hands on any spent uranium but napalm!

Subtle as usual ....... Brosville

As Veg has said, no need treat if nosema isn't present. Applying Fumidil-B as a standard autumn treatment will only shorted the timeframe of its effective life. Nosema will in time, become resistant to Fumidil-B, so only use it if really necessary.
Quite a few, if not most associations have someone who can check for spores in the gut for you.
Bcrazy has often said he was happy to do a check, if a sample of bees were sent to him.
I'm not sure if that offer still stands, as I know he has quite a bit on his plate at the moment, but it maybe worth a P.M. to him to ask, if you are stuck.

All the best
Rich

Why not go the whole hog? - agent Orange, a salvo or two from a twin Bofors, couple of cruise missiles, a thermonuclear strike and some napalm should do you nicely!
whistling.gif

And there I thought you were a greeeeenish person and now I find your a war monger! thermonuclear's a bit OTT though.;)

TBRNoTB:driving:

Back