Where do you sell your honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am lucky as i own a butchers shop so i can sell all i can produce at £5 per Lb all the honey is spun and jarred in the kitchen but as my wife has got an advanced hygiene certificate so we are well covered i have also done a HACCP (hazard and critical control plan)

Hives are in a field five minutes walk from the house.
Extracted and jarred in the sun room....warm and can exclude family, pets and bees; 12 oz round, 8oz chunk, 8oz cut comb.
My biggest one off sale is Conwy Honey Fair which is also a long weekend away treat. I am off the beaten track so few door sales, though I might experiment with a sign at the end of our track and a sales point at the end of our drive (we are actually along a footpath but a rarely used one. The rest of the year I do a fortnightly farmers' market, which is great fun. I can talk about honey and bees all morning without encountering that glazed expression. Two or three Christmas fairs let me indulge in fancy packaging and I usually do very well.

We have about 30 beekeepers booked in to sell honey at the C0nwy Honey Fair on Sat. 13th September. Stall space is full now. We hope to sell well over a tonne of honey by lunchtime. I doubt if there's anywhere where honey sells faster. This will be C0nwy BKA's 25th year organising the 700-year old event, on behalf of C0nwy Town Council. See our website for details, including the history of the event.

I am lucky as i own a butchers shop so i can sell all i can produce at £5 per Lb all the honey is spun and jarred in the kitchen but as my wife has got an advanced hygiene certificate so we are well covered i have also done a HACCP (hazard and critical control plan)
Why is local honey often found in butchers? Or is my perception wrong? Strange bedfellows indeed.

We have about 30 beekeepers booked in to sell honey at the C0nwy Honey Fair on Sat. 13th September. Stall space is full now. We hope to sell well over a tonne of honey by lunchtime. I doubt if there's anywhere where honey sells faster. This will be C0nwy BKA's 25th year organising the 700-year old event, on behalf of C0nwy Town Council. See our website for details, including the history of the event.

Peter,
I'm really looking forward to it.
B&B booked and fingers crossed for good weather

Im in need of some more retailers due to the amount of honey I have taken off this year. will have to go out and investigate in the next couple of weeks.

Im in need of some more retailers due to the amount of honey I have taken off this year. will have to go out and investigate in the next couple of weeks.

Automatic packer on the list of wants now Doug?

Automatic packer on the list of wants now Doug?

I was actually looking at one last night on the lega website. bit expensive at the moment. I think I need to employ some of the pupils at school, got to be cheaper lol.

Latest posts

Back