Where did Summer go?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbchive

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Do you think it's all over? There are miles of beautiful, purple heather between Bingley and Ilkley and the bees can't get up there because of the cold/wind/rain. What a pain!
Steve

I thought we were expecting a high pressure for the weekend... Roola!

'It is not over until the fat lady sings', so they say.

Of course not! September is often a month of glorious weather. Talk about defeatism. Not looking more than a day or two ahead is not good - all beekeepers need to be looking ahead at least until the next inspection date (do they have enough stores to last until then?) and many look much further ahead.

Not really thinking either, unless the heather would be spewing out loads of nectar in very cold conditions, there would be nothing to collect even if the hives were amongst it.

Do you think it's all over? There are miles of beautiful, purple heather between Bingley and Ilkley and the bees can't get up there because of the cold/wind/rain. What a pain!
Steve

That's my route to work, over Hawkesworth Moor. I've been wondering about asking Harvey Smith if he's got a horse free corner where I could put my hives.

Summer was a glorious lime harvest, autumn is eating it!
E

That's my route to work, over Hawkesworth Moor. I've been wondering about asking Harvey Smith if he's got a horse free corner where I could put my hives.

He'll probably tell you to F**k off (in his usual endearing way that is.)

Latest posts

Back