Where can I get this fruit picker?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freethorpe bees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Two - one fiesty, one lovely. ;0)
I shall attempt to describe it. It has two 'fingers', and a 'thumb'. The thumb is on a spring which opens and closes by pulling a length of string which is attached to the underside. The idea being that you grab the fruit by pulling the string. It has four aluminum poles which slot together.

I managed to break ours, and can't for the life of me find a replacement. Would be very grateful if anyone knows where I can get one.

FB

I got one similar from kEN MUIR FRUIT GROWING NURSERY AT WEELEY A FEW YEARS BACK .DONT KNOW IF THEY STILL DO THEM BUT MIGHT BE WORTH A PHONE CALL

I managed to break ours,

Which bit? Swaged aluminium tubing should not be a problem to find. Probably not much cheaper than a replacement tool though, at the end of the day?

Regards, RAB

Thanks for all your replies - the only one I can find is the one with the bag attached. I think with our trees the bag would end up getting caught.

The bit I managed to break was the 'thumb' bit which is the most crucial part as it is attached to the spring and is the part which closes over the fruit! Trust me! I did attempt glueing it but it comes off when you pull the string.

FB

I got one similar from kEN MUIR FRUIT GROWING NURSERY AT WEELEY A FEW YEARS BACK .DONT KNOW IF THEY STILL DO THEM BUT MIGHT BE WORTH A PHONE CALL

Thanks - tried them but no luck. The one I broke came, as far as I remember, from an advert in the Sunday Express. Donkey's years ago!

I have seen these, but cannot think where. I will see if I still have a note of them. Meanwhile, the closest thing that I have found is this, but that is on the US web site.

Yes - that's the closest thing I've seen to my one! Mine has two prongs one side and one the other. The one being attached to string and on a spring.

Thanks - keep racking those brains where you saw them!

Latest posts

Back