Where Can I Get Left handed tools?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockey Bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I am one of those awkward, cak handed, spawn of satan left handed beekeepers. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells left handed tools particularly frame cleaners and hive tools?

I will be eternally grateful if anyone can point me into towards these tools!

What about the frame cleaner for the wax slot. The pointy one. Can you get a lefty version of that?

I'm ambidextrous, yet to find a hive tool I can't use in either hand - same with frame cleaners (which tend to be whatever sharp or pointy tool is close to hand)
Still struggling to find a left handed hammer though so I still use my dad's hammer which he gave me not long before he died (he was left handed too)

A number of years ago there was an image on here of a J hive tool that had been cut and then welded back together the other way round. What you could do is bend the frame scraper into the opposite angle to suit your needs. This was something I had to do with swords that I used (foil, épée and sabre) before I retired from swordfencing through injury.

A number of years ago there was an image on here of a J hive tool that had been cut and then welded back together the other way round. What you could do is bend the frame scraper into the opposite angle to suit your needs. This was something I had to do with swords that I used (foil, épée and sabre) before I retired from swordfencing through injury.
Both my sons fence (épée). Ones a lefty and we had to get a special grip for him. There seems to be more lefty kit around these days.
I have a couple of simple hive tools from STBK that can be used either left or right handed. Would a bradel work for cleaning out frames?

Last edited:
Both my sons fence (épée). Ones a lefty and we had to get a special grip for him. There seems to be more lefty kit around these days.
Pistol grips were the best for epees, giving you good strength against right handers. Épée was my favourite weapon of choice.
I get pens, scissors and pruners from anything left handed. StackPath For myself and my daughter.

Latest posts

Back